Double Solar Cell
£10.00 – £13.00 ex VAT
Double solar cell to power your projects.
The picture shows the front of a double cell on the left and the back of double a cell on the right. You will receive only one double cell. The picture shows the pinch terminals variant for easy connection.
- Double solar cell – 3V / 300mA
- Specification sheet
- PV Tech – How a Solar Cell is Manufactured
- Teacher support documents
The Plugging into the Sun® flexible solar cell is at the centre of a unique range of renewable energy educational resources and activities.
Assembly kits, activities & experiments for 2-Q double cells:
- model solar car
- solar cell tests
- electric circuit investigations, parallel, series, voltage, current, resistance and power
- rechargeable battery maintenance
- solar electric clock kit
- solar powered buzzers, bulbs, motors, LEDs, electronic circuits and electromagnetism
- propeller spinners, radio, fan and mini-water pump
- daylight investigations, movement & inclination of the sun, earth’s atmosphere and cloud cover
Triple-Junction Cell Specification
- double cell laminate
- thin-film amorphous silicon 177mm x 80mm x mm thick
- weight: 23g with pinch terminals
- output 4.2V open circuit – under natural light conditions
- 3 V* (stable) and 300 mA*
- *figures are accurate to +/- 10%
- flexible, virtually unbreakable
- waterproof, high power/weight ratio
- durable, 20 year+ useful life
- responds to diffuse light (light scattered by cloud cover)
- pinch terminal connections allow for easy connection to devices
Find out about UNI-SOLAR® Technology
See the single solar cell page for details of 1-Q PV cell used with older solar car models.
Electrical connection options
- pinch terminals
- wires (150 mm or to your requirements) and crocodile clips
- pre-tinned solder tabs
The source of our tube packaging is from recycling the inner core of carpets and packaging cellophane. All components are in paper bags.
Solder Tabs, Pinch Terminals, Wires with Crocodile Clips