Energy Sources Poster
£8.00 – £12.50 ex VAT
Energy sources poster.
Available in two sizes: A3 or A1
- Waves and tides – electrical power can be generated from the motion of waves or from water stored behind a tidal barage
- Natural gas – mostly methane and the result of tiny animals and plants decaying under sand and mud
- Oil – turned into many products and fuels such as petrol & diesel
- Food – eaten by people & animals for energy
- Hydroelectric power – water released from a dam forces a turbine to turn and generate electricity
- Wind – for centuries used to power machines such as grinding stones, today used to generate electricity
- Solar energy – panels can absorb the sun’s energy for heating water or air
- Nuclear power – controlled atomic reactions release heat that can turn water into steam to power a turbine for electricity generation
- Geothermal energy – heat from the earth’s core can be transfered to water and pumped above ground
- Coal – formed millions of years ago when plant life was compressed under layers of mud
The price includes a Energy Resources Worksheet.
Poster first published in 1987 by UK Department of Energy – reproduced with permission of Department of Trade and Industry and Copyright Unit of HMSO.TJH-1999.
The source of our tube packaging is from recycling the inner core of carpets and packaging cellophane. All components are in paper bags.
A1 Poster, A3 Poster