- Pilkington heat loss/U-value ‘hot-box’ Use this interactive device to feel the difference in U-values of glazing units.
- Solar thermal – working solar water heating rig.
- Mini-solar water pump – for sale
- Hydropower – prototype hydroelectric generator water turbine: pelton wheel.
- Bicycle dynamo wind generator.
- 100W Hawk-Ampair wind generator
- Solar electric lighting and roof system.
- Solar PV off grid system.
Solar Powered Kits
We offer a range of assembly kits and parts to help you explore and learn about solar technology.
- solar electric clock
- solar water heating
- Copeland working cardboard windmill – See student work from Westfield School, Sheffield
- solar battery charging
- water pump
- solar electric model car and boat design & technology kit
- Flexible solar cells
Full colour; originally available through the DoE
- Photovoltaics on-line experiments
- Light Action: Schools Light Survey Procedures and classroom worksheets + Sources of Light and Energy Y2/3 teachers notes and class worksheets .
- Survey and Analysis Model(SAM™ ) Governor, teaching/non-teaching staff & student school survey training workshops: ICT(spreadsheets i.e.. ‘light calc’ & ‘heat loss calc’ & data logging), data collection, processing, representation & interpretation, low energy lamp usage, life cycle costs and disposal with resultant energy and cost saving plan.
- The Environment in your Pocket – annual booklet published by the Department of the Environment, Transport and the Regions. Key facts and figures on the environment of the UK. Available FREE of charge from DETR, telephone 0870 1226 236.
- Life Cycle Design of Amorphous Silicon Photovoltaic Modules
- Solar car assembly guides
- 3-speed gearbox assembly
- How the solar electric motor works – notes
- Miniature solar water pump assembly guide
- Model solar car gears – why they are needed & how they work
- PV powered buzzer & bulb activities
- ‘Fitting gold plugs to solar motor’
- ‘How the Sun makes solar car wheels spin’
- How to optimise your model solar car for speed
- Glossary of terms for working with model solar powered cars
- Model solar car & boat event guides for organisers – categories & regulations
- Solar cell investigation activity sheet
- “Propeller Spinner” activity sheet
- Photovoltaics technology notes