Available in A3
- Active solar energy – solar collectors absorb and transform the sun’s energy into thermal energy
- Passive solar energy – buildings can be designed to absorb the sun’s energy
- Photovoltaic cells – PV cells convert light energy into electrical energy
- Geothermal energy – heat from the earth’s core
- Solar power
- Waves – buoys floating in the sea can convert the energy of motion of waves into electrical energy
- Wind – turbines turn the wind’s energy into electrical energy
- Tides – as the tide rises and falls water turns a turbine and generates electricity
- Biomass – plants retain the sun’s energy producing biomass through photosynthesis
The price includes an Energy Resources Worksheet.
Poster first published in 1987 by UK Department of Energy – reproduced with permission of Department of Trade and Industry and Copyright Unit of HMSO.TJH-1999.
The source of our tube packaging is from recycling the inner core of carpets and packaging cellophane. All components are in paper bags.